In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India’s largest online marketplace and one of India’s leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer’s point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About The Team
Flipkart is India’s largest eCommerce company and is defining eCommerce in the country. Flipkart’s vision is to make Analytics and Big Data part of its overarching competitive strategy, and push it up to decision makers at every level.
You will partner with business heads for Retail/Marketplace/Supply Chain/Marketing/Product to create enormous impact through the use of the latest analytical tools and techniques. At Flipkart, high focus on impact and ownership allows for freedom for each to experiment and innovate. The ability to see what your contribution does to the business is a rare experience, add to that the fact that the impact of it is felt by your friends and family in India – the experience is extremely gratifying.
About The Role
Business Analyst is an Individual Contributor role where you will be responsible for tracking key metrics and communicating business trends to stakeholders. You would be closely working with the business/product teams to enable data driven decision making.
What You’ll Do
- You will work closely with internal Flipkart Teams to identify, define, collect, and track key business metrics for products or business processes.
- You will pull data required to conduct business analysis, build reports, dashboards and metrics to monitor the performance.
- You will execute quantitative analysis that translates data into actionable insights
- You will work with and influence stakeholders to take data driven decisions
What You’ll Need
- Educational/ Work ex:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related discipline from a reputed institute or an MBA from a reputed institute.
- 1+ Years of experience in relevant role
- Required abilities / competencies:
- Ability to translate structured and unstructured problems into analytical framework
- Ability to experiment with alternate analytical techniques to solve a problem
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently plan and execute deliverables
- Ability to multitask and work on a diverse range of requirements
- Technical capabilities:
- Good handle in SQL, Excel, other scripting languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Basic understanding of statistical modelling and statistical tools such as R, Python, Spark, SAS or SPSS.
- Good to have : working experience with BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview, Datastudio, etc)
To apply for this job please visit www.flipkartcareers.com.