- Work with business teams and Visualization Manager to understand the business problem and KPIs, design wireframes and iterate the wireframes till they are frozen
- Understand the data sources and design appropriate ETLs for sourcing data
- Develop and test QlikView and Power BI scripts to import data from source systems
- Develop and test QlikView/Power BI dashboards to meet requirements
- Write SQL queries and stored procedures to support the dashboards and validate queries written by junior associates
- Present dashboards to business stakeholders and drive consumption
- Manage, support and mentor new and established team members and review their work as required
- Drive innovation within teams, by enhancing existing solutions and designing new ones
- Build collaboration and awareness in the global analytics/BI community
Evangelize MetLife’s best practices across teams, through adherence of FRDs, BRDs and Analytical Solutions
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field; Masters or MBA preferred
- 3 to 5 yrs. of experience in the field of data and BI, ideally in the BFSI industry
- Hands-on experience in visualization tools including Power BI and Qlik
- Hands-on experience in advanced SQL and query optimization
- Understanding of data models like Star Schema, Snowflake schema etc.
- Prior experience of working in teams involving various data and visualization experts; experience in working with end users is a major plus
- Hands-on knowledge of ETL processes and frameworks
- Strong communication – written and oral and structured problem-solving skills
- Experience or certification in graphical design would be an advantage
- Experience in Big Data technologies like Azure, AWS, Hadoop etc. preferred
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
(and Purpose Of Relationship)
MetLife GTO Engineering, Digital Office and Global Data and analytics
- GOSC Leadership
(and purpose of relationship) – If Applicable
MetLife Values :
Our purpose and values
Our Values Are How We Achieve That Purpose, Through An Expression Of Who We Are, What We Stand For As a Company And How We Conduct Our Business
Our purpose is why we are in business and reflects what we stand for and believe in. Our purpose is to help people pursue more from life.
Put Customers First
Caring for and respecting customers is core to everything we do. It defines our work and shapes the culture for our people, radiating out to our shareholders and communities.
Be The Best
We are relentless in our search for new and better ways of doing things. As a leader in our industry, we constantly raise the bar, take calculated risks and learn quickly from our mistakes.
Make Things Easier
Products in our industry aren’t always easy to understand. That’s why we are always looking for simpler ways to connect customers to the best solutions. By doing this, we aim to exceed their expectations and build trust.
United by our purpose, we live by a collective commitment to honesty, integrity and diversity. We are open and inclusive, proudly taking and applying the best ideas from every part of our company.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.metlife.com.