Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
- Produce daily desk PL including commentaries, investigate Flash/Formal differences
- Ensure the maintenance of a strong internal control environment. Review key controls: FOBOs, adjustment substantiation and New, Amends & Cancels trades review
What will you be doing?
- Perform daily P&L, P&L attribution, P&L commentary, Investigate Flash vs. Formal differences
- Develop a sound understanding of daily processes – “the what”, “the why” and “the how”.
- Review P&L attributions and prepare commentaries and other MI
- Maintain trader mandate, monitor Volcker limits.
- Submit Clean & Hypo P&L for back-testing
- Attend to ad hoc queries from the traders and other infrastructure partners relating to trading revenue and Balance Sheet.
Weekly / Monthly Responsibilities
- Balance Sheet control and commentary, Month End adjustments and Balance Sheet Substantiation
- Perform key weekly & monthly reporting to senior management.
- Attend to queries from internal and external audit and reviews and maintain key stroke documentations for key PC processes, risk assessment and SOX documentation
What We’re Looking For
- Experienced with MS office toolkit (Word, PPT, Excel, Access Database etc)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings & ability to interact with the region and UK / US as part of a global team (written and verbal) Strong control awareness – in particular, the ability to identify and escalate potential control breakdowns and to streamline processes in an effective and efficient manner.
- Has the initiative and ability to break down problems into components parts and resolving them
- Attention to detail and analytical
- Confident and assertive manner
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- CFA / Masters in Finance / Financial Engineering would be an advantage
- Articleship / Industrial trainee in mid to large sized firms
- Audit exposure in large financial institutions / banks preferred
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumsances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
To apply for this job please visit search.jobs.barclays.