Principal Product Mgr Tech: Alexa AI
As a Principal Product Manager, you will be responsible for building core infrastructure to enable the creation of ground truth data at scale.
A day in the life
You will drive product strategy for your workstream and own the roadmap that will help us build this business. You will also mentor and set the standard for product management in the organisation. This is an opportunity to be part of a ‘greenfield’ effort and build truly innovative solutions in a space that is poised to grow exponentially over the next few years.
About the hiring group
The Alexa AI organization provides services to help develop, test, and train the Machine Learning models. We work closely with ML scientists from different teams (including Alexa and Ring) to bring new AI use cases to market. Come build the future of the machine learning with us.
In this role, you will:
· Work closely with engineering, design, data science, and program management in an agile environment to deliver products to customer·
· Define creative, high-quality roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load s
· Drive product roadmap creation including working with operations, executive team, and other team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues to help the team meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Interface and partner with all levels of the Alexa and Amazon businesses
· Mentor/coach product managers
· Set and raise the standard for product management in the Alexa AI team
· Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or a related field
· Experience in product management for delivering innovative business solutions driven by science and technology
· Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
· Masters in Science, Engineering or a related field
· Exemplary analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Systems thinking
· Passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable and scalable systems
· Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
· Proven track record of making business decisions using data and insights
· Experience in collaborating effectively with various technology and data science teams
· Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables to meet customer and business needs
· Prior experience working with scrum or equivalent agile software development methodologies.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.