AI Researcher I
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms and customer experiences to help markets across all of these priorities. Charter is to drive scale for the business, and accelerate innovation for both immediate impact as well as long-term transformation of our business. A unique aspect of EDA is the integration of diverse skills across all of its remit. EDA has a very broad range of responsibilities, resulting in a broad range of initiatives around the world.
Purpose Of The Role
Develop advanced algorithm capabilities and work on challenging research problems with real life relevance to solve business problems for American Express
- Develop new innovative technology solutions to solve cutting-edge business problems and demonstrate research solutions and prototypes for stake holders across different business units
- Transform research prototypes to products in collaboration with engineering teams and demonstrate quantifiable business benefits
- Actively contribute to relevant scientific communities by publishing scholarly articles and patents, attending conferences and delivering presentations
- Identify new research opportunities and spearhead innovation opportunities for the company
- Develop strong collaborations with colleagues from global modelling and engineering teams as well as partners from business groups in areas of mutual interest
- Pursue breakthrough research in a challenging and stimulating environment and demonstrate good leadership skills
- Penchant for creating new projects and executing them from conception to creating business impact through cutting edge
Critical Factors to Success:
- Apply AI/ML experience & expertise horizontally in a domain-agnostic manner to solve complex problems in non- traditional financial domains (human-resource/services/customer-listening/etc.)
- Generate new business opportunities and create more revenues in existing businesses by building end-to-end solutions that leverages advanced algorithms and techniques coupled with the ability to scale these solutions for handling large quantities of data
- Develop next generation big data capabilities specifically targeted for the kind of varied and voluminous data seen in Amex
- Enable business decisions through informed big data techniques
- Enhance efficiency & effectiveness of existing models i.e.,
- Analyze and test the algorithms/solutions/techniques before releasing it for production.
- Partner with relevant teams to assist & strengthen the solutions built by them using appropriate technical
experience and knowledge
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
1-4 years experience as Research Engineer/Data Scientist.
B.Tech/M.Tech/PhD in Computer Science /Electrical Engineeering or in other relevant disciples, such as Statistics/Mathematics/ Engineering.
Data Science/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence and Expertise in Coding, Algorithm, High Performance Computing
Familiar with Unsupervised and supervised techniques: Neural models/Deep Learning, reinforcement learning, text mining, image procressing, Bayesian models, map Reduce techniques
Language: R, Python, PySpark, C, C++, Java, SAS , Keras, Tensorflow
Machine Learning Software Engineer. Similar to finctional skills above.
Knowledge Of Platforms
Scripting, Hadoop, Big Data tools, such as PIG, Pyspark, etc.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.