US based pharmaceutical company
- Company wanted to optimize the number of samples provided to different customer segments.
- Under-sampling or Over-sampling can have negative effects on brand sales. Thus the need arises for determining the optimal level of samples/coupons that should be distributed.
Analytics Led Approach
- Approach involved historical data analysis, customer segmentation based on sampling habits, demand estimation and report generation at aggregated level.
- Sample optimization algorithm based on demand estimation, critical rate, habit rate and cost/sample was later used to generate results.
- Optimal sampling rate was recommended for each customer.
- Reports at an aggregated level (Region, Segment Customer, Territory etc.) were provided.