A Large Lifesciences company
- Company wanted to classify and predict brands’ launch uptake.
- Intend to understand launch dynamics through the study.
Analytics Led Approach
- Historical product launch curves were clustered in launch uptake families in order to group products with similar uptake/sales growth.
- Logistic regression algorithm was applied to predict uptake using product attributes, market dynamics, product differentiators and marketing mix.
- Company was able to understand launch dynamics through the classification of various launch drugs’ launch uptake into ‘aggressive’, ‘steady’ and ‘slow’ segments.
- Significant predictor attributes towards aggressive family membership were found.
- Also identified key drivers of launch products’ sales uptake to help predict membership.